Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Academy Plans for March 2nd through 6th, 2015

Greetings!

No, I am not dead!  It's just that my daughter is getting married (Tenino Beaver Class of 2004) and I've be doing "Mother of the Bride" duties like planning & throwing her bridal shower.  Now that that has happened, it's taken me several days to catch up on my grading so this progress report will be relevant.  I'm so sorry about being behind; it shouldn't happen again.  (The wedding isn't until July.)  This class (Academy) is the only one I am still behind in entering grades, so I would encourage you to check back in about 24 hours; I will probably resend this tomorrow night when I am more current.  But it's been a while since you've seen these, so I figured this would have to due.  Now on to this week's events:

MONDAY--Students will discuss "The Golden Goblet" in class, and writing book reviews.  Students will write their own book review of this novel as a HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT.  THIS WILL BE DUE TUESDAY.

TUESDAY--Students will go to the library and select their biography for our next "big" project.  So NO HOMEWORK.

WEDNESDAY--Students will be given the entire period to begin reading their biography silently, so again, NO HOMEWORK.

THURSDAY--Students will meet with Mrs. Benek for our "Say It Straight" lesson.  NO HOMEWORK.

FRIDAY--Students will be introduced the binder they will be using for their student led conferences.  This will be mostly introduction & displays, thus NO HOMEWORK.

Other items of interest:  Next Wednesday is a "LATE START DAY", several events like the "Kiss A Goat" competition are going on, and there is a PTA sponsored dance on Friday the 13th. (Appropriate, huh?)

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns [Email--humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us or phone (360) 264-3644].

Have a wonderful week,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment