Monday, January 11, 2016

Academy Plans for January 11th through 18th, 2016

Greetings!

Sorry, I'm a day late (and hopefully not a dollar short); I was in Portland this weekend and didn't get my "homework" done.  Same thing I tell the students--"Excuses are nothing but hot air!"  Sorry!  Now here's what we will be doing this week:

MONDAY--Students will be working on the questions on Chapters 6 & 7 in "The Golden Goblet".  This is HOMEWORK DUE TUESDAY.

TUESDAY--Students will work on the vocabulary worksheet for Chapters 8 & 9 in "The Golden Goblet".  This is also HOMEWORK DUE WEDNESDAY.

WEDNESDAY--LATE START DAY--Students will read Chapters 8 & 9 from "The Golden Goblet" silently in class.  NO HOMEWORK.

THURSDAY--Students will have another day to silently read Chapters 8 & 9 from "The Golden Goblet", so NO HOMEWORK.

FRIDAY--Begin the "Say It Straight" program.  NO HOMEWORK.

Mrs. Benek, our TMS counselor, will be coming in this week to start a wonderful program called "Say It Straight".  Its focus is refusal skills and she is a wonderful instructor.  Because she will be gone Monday through Wednesday this week, I'm not 100% sure if she's starting on Thursday or Friday, but that should not impact homework for either day because there isn't any.  you might just need to transpose the plans for Thursday & Friday.

I'm sure you are aware of the LATE START ON WEDNESDAY.  And also, we will be having our Martin Luther King, Jr. assembly on Friday morning.  I'm sure I don't have to remind you that MONDAY, JANUARY 18th there is NO SCHOOL.

Have a wonderful week, and please contact me with any questions, comments, and/or concerns you may have,

Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment