Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sixth Grade Science September 8-12, 2014

Greetings!

Well, we have all survived the first week of school--Hooray!  The school year is off to a great start and you have some wonderful students.  I am Michele Humble, your sixth grader's Science teacher, and you can look forward to these electronic emails weekly--I try to send them Sunday night because I do a lot of grading over the weekend, and I want them to be accurate.  I'm sure you saw in the Student Handbook how you can access ALL of your student's grades on Skyward; I hope you will take advantage of this excellent tool.  Now here is what is planned for this week:

MONDAY--We will discuss the "Doing Science" worksheet students did in class Friday.  We will also discuss the Scientific Method, so there will be no homework.

TUESDAY--We will discuss taking good notes, then we will use these skills by taking notes on an insect video.  This will be done in class, so no homework.

WEDNESDAY--We will do an observation and a stereotype activity in class.  Although these will be graded, there will be no homework.

THURSDAY--We will discuss how collecting data is important for a scientist, then we will do a lab in class to practice collecting data.  Again, no homework.

FRIDAY--I will introduce different kinds of glassware used in labs, as well as the skills of using graduated cylinders, beakers, triple beam balance scales, thermometers, and how to waft.  Once again, no homework.

Please look for these progress reports weekly (at least that is my goal), and if you ever have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me.  The phone number in my classroom is:  (360) 264-3644 and my email address is:  humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us.  Please DO NOT try to contact me through Skyward--THE SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK, so I will not receive your emails in a timely fashion.

I hope your student is as excited about the upcoming school year as I am.  Have a great week!

Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment