Sunday, September 7, 2014

Seventh Grade Science September 8-12, 2014

Greetings!

Well, we have all survived the first week of school--Hooray!  The school year is off to a great start and you have some wonderful students.  I am Michele Humble, your seventh grader's Science teacher, and you can look forward to these electronic emails weekly--I try to send them Sunday night because I do a lot of grading over the weekend, and I want them to be accurate.  I'm sure you saw in the Student Handbook how you can access ALL of your student's grades on Skyward; I hope you will take advantage of this excellent tool.

Those of you who I had your students last year know that I usually send a pretty detailed schedule of what the week will look like, but as all of the seventh grade Science curriculum is new to me too, I am also finding my way through it, so please be patient with me.  For this week, Monday we will be adding information on variables to the Science Notebook (this will be done in class), and we will be analyzing Science experiments Tuesday.  Wednesday we will review note taking, so there will be a practice assignment, but that too will be done in class.  Finally, on Thursday & Friday we will be reviewing the Scientific Method.  So as you can see, plenty of work being done in class, but NO HOMEWORK THIS WEEK.

However, as you examine your student's progress report for last week, please note there were three items your child should have turned in:  his/her Science Notebook, the course syllabus (signed by you & your student), and the lab safety sheet (again, signed by both of you).  If any of these are missing, please discuss it with your student and have him/her turn it in as soon as possible.  Let's start the year off in a responsible, organized way.

Please look for these progress reports weekly (at least that is my goal), and if you ever have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me.  The phone number in my classroom is:  (360) 264-3644 and my email address is:  humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us.  Please DO NOT try to contact me through Skyward--THE SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK, so I will not receive your emails in a timely fashion.

I hope your student is as excited about the upcoming school year as I am.  Have a great week!

Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment