Saturday, September 27, 2014

Academy Plans for September 29th through October 3rd, 2014

Greetings!

Sorry I didn't get back to you last week with more specifics--two volleyball games to coach and training Outdoor School counselors got the best of me.  I will try to do better in the future.

Speaking of Outdoor School, THE PARENT MEETING WILL TAKE PLACE ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH AT 7:00 P.M. IN THE TMS COMMONS.  Hope you can make it.

Now here's what we will be doing this week:

MONDAY:  After silent reading & Lit Log entries, we will use Roberts' Rules of Order to elect our class officers, so no homework.

TUESDAY:  After we go over the answers in class, students will get back the "Agenda Assignment".  No homework.

WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY:  We will discuss personal narratives in class.  Students will start writing theirs; these will be due Friday (October 4th), so homework.

FRIDAY:  Students will peer edit their narratives.  I am also asking YOU to edit them over the weekend, so I guess you could say that YOU will have homework over the weekend.

I was a bit  disappointed at how few students turned in the Agenda Assignment.  I have tried to explain to the students how even an "F" grade will give them some points, while a missing assignment gives them none.  Please look over your student's progress report carefully, and if there are ANY MISSING ASSIGNMENTS, help your student get them turned in.

As always, if you would like to contact me, please call the number in my classroom (360-264-3644) or email me at humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us

See you Tuesday at 7:00, I hope,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment