Monday, October 30, 2017

7th Grade Science Plans for Oct. 30th through Nov. 3rd, 2017

Greetings!

Well, I'm making some headway in getting caught up with the grading!  Please be patient with me--I will get there.  Now here is what we are doing this week:

MONDAY--Students will complete calculations from last week's "Investigation 2.1 Part B", so NO HOMEWORK.

TUESDAY--We will go over the "Procedure Writing Quiz", then students will answer questions from the text in their Science Notebooks, so NO HOMEWORK.

WEDNESDAY--Lab groups will write the procedure for Investigation 2.2, so NO HOMEWORK.

THURSDAY--Lab groups will carry out the experiment they wrote the procedure for yesterday, so NO HOMEWORK.

FRIDAY--Students will be introduced to the "Speed Triangle" and will work on an accompanying worksheet.  This is HOMEWORK DUE TUESDAY.

Notice that this Wednesday is NOT a "Late Start Day" (ACT).  I think that is because all of next week will be early release days due to conferences (Monday through Thursday, November 6th through 9th).  Also, there will be no school that Friday (November 10th) due to the Veteran's Day holiday.

I will be gone this Friday (November 3rd) and Monday (November 6th).  However, I will be back in time for the evening conferences on Tuesday, November 7th.  Although other teachers will not be in the building after release time (11:40 a.m.) on Thursday, I will be available if you would like to conference then.

As you can see from your student's grade on the "Procedure Writing Quiz", he/she may have bombed it.  I was both surprised and disappointed in the responses I received.  I will try to devise a "Retest", so students who want to may retake this test.

As always, if you have anything you would like to discuss, please contact me.  The phone number in my classroom is (360) 264-3644 and the best email address to reach me at is: 
humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us

Have a wonderful week,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment