Tuesday, October 3, 2017

6th Grade Science Plans for October 2nd through 6th, 2017

Greetings!

I have a pile of Sixth Grade Science work I need to correct and enter in this grade book, but I felt it was more important to get my little weekly "newsletter" out to you.  I may send another progress report later this week with grades only one it.  So now on to what we are doing this week:

MONDAY--Students watched a video on atoms and did a worksheet that went along with it, so NO HOMEWORK.

TUESDAY--Atom Video Worksheet was corrected in class & turned in.  Students also received their Outdoor School Student Handbooks, hence, NO HOMEWORK.

WEDNESDAY--LATE START--Students will start taking notes on the Student Handbook.  These notes will be DUE FRIDAY, but there will be more time to work on them in class.

THURSDAY--Last day to work on ODS (OutDoor School) Student Handbook notes IN CLASS.  Any notes that are not completed in class are HOMEWORK DUE FRIDAY.

FRIDAY--Review notes in class & turn them in.  NO HOMEWORK.

I'm sure you are already aware that Wednesday is a Late Start Day, and have planned accordingly, but just in case.......

A great big Cispus "thank you" to Christi & Rich Dallaire (David's parents), Nicole Scibelli (Sophia's mom), Jessica Palmer (Jordan's mom), and Amy Hussey (Sophia's mom) for coming in and laboring long and hard on the Student Handbooks for Outdoor School.  They managed to finish them in one day plus one hour!  And they look terrific!  Now I beg for your patience--they WILL be coming home (probably early next week), but I want to go over them in class, as you can see from the above plans.  I will attach the Student Handbook to the "Message Center", so you can view it there if you need a "sneak peak".  I AM sending the "What to Bring to Outdoor School" page with them, so you can get a head start on packing.  More to come shortly.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, comments, and/or concerns.  The phone number in my classroom is (360) 264-3644 and the best email address to reach me at is humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us

Have a wonderful week,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment