Thursday, February 18, 2016

6th Grade Science Plans for February 15th through 19th, 2016

Greetings!

Sorry this is late, but I have been battling a terrible cold and haven't been doing much other than blowing my nose.  Even though I'm emailing this progress report, I apologize if it is not up to date; as I said, this cold has kept me from doing that.  Hoping to get caught up this weekend.  Now here's what we're doing this week:

MONDAY--PRESIDENTS' DAY--NO SCHOOL

TUESDAY--Finish watching the Mythbusters episode.  NO HOMEWORK.

WEDNESDAY--Complete the Chemical Reactions lab.  NO HOMEWORK.

THURSDAY--Students begin taking the PRACTICE TEST.  BEGIN STUDYING SCIENCE NOTEBOOK AT HOME.

FRIDAY--Students complete the PRACTICE TEST.  CONTINUE STUDYING THE SCIENCE NOTEBOOKS AT HOME.

Now here's the real reason I'm sending this out:  Next Wednesday, Thursday, Friday student will be TAKING THE END OF THE UNIT TEST.  This test will be WORTH 100 POINTS.  We will review Thursday & Friday this week with the practice test, then will review again next Monday & Tuesday.  PLEASE HELP YOUR STUDENT STUDY.  They should bring their Science Notebooks home nightly and focus on the vocabulary.  Waiting until Tuesday night and skimming through the material will not be enough. Also, please discuss the labs that are in the Science Notebooks and the "reflections" your student wrote.  All of this will help on the final exam.  The SCIENCE NOTEBOOKS WILL BE TURNED IN THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 24TH AND WILL BE WORTH 100 POINTS.  Please make sure your student's Science Notebook is complete.  Hope this helps you & your student to prepare for the upcoming test.

As always, please feel free to contact me with your questions, comments, and concerns.  The best email address to reach me at is humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us and the phone number in my classroom is (360) 264-3644.

Have a wonderful week,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment