Monday, November 24, 2014

Sixth Grade Science Plans for November 24th through 28th, 2014

Greetings!

Sorry I'm a day late--being gone two days last week was certainly not in my plans!  I'm still digging out, grade-wise, but should catch up by the end of the "Turkey Day" weekend.  So here's what to expect for this very short week:

MONDAY--Students will work on the "Separating a Salt Solution" lab.  We will also go over the directions for a homework assignment that will be due Wednesday.  THEY SHOULD STUDY FOR THE QUIZ ON TUESDAY--take the Science Notebook home.

TUESDAY--Take QUIZ on separating mixtures.  Also work on "Thinking About Mixtures" worksheet.  This is HOMEWORK--DUE WEDNESDAY.

WEDNESDAY--LATE START--Students will correct the Chapter 2 Section 1 worksheet we did last week, and will turn it in.  There will be no homework from me over the long weekend.

THURSDAY & FRIDAY--NO SCHOOL

I'm very concerned with how the grades of some my Science students are dropping.  Some of them don't seem to be taking the class too seriously. (Maybe I started off too easy?)  Please look very closely at your student's grade and if he/she has any missing assignments, and discuss this with him/her.  I hate to see a poor habit begin, especially in such talented students.

Enjoy the long weekend, and as always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have (email address:  humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us or classroom phone number:  (360) 264-3644).

Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment