Monday, November 24, 2014

Academy Plans for November 24th through 28th, 2014

Greetings!

Sorry I'm a day late--being gone two days last week was certainly not in my plans!  I'm still digging out, grade wise, but should catch up by the end of the "Turkey Day" weekend.  So here's what to expect for this very short week:

MONDAY--Students should finish reading Chapters 2 & 3 from "The Golden Goblet".  This should be completed for tomorrow's assignment.

TUESDAY--Golden Goblet Chapters 2 & 3 Comprehension worksheet.  HOMEWORK--DUE WEDNESDAY.

WEDNESDAY--LATE START--Groups will write summaries of Chapters 2 & 3 from The Golden Goblet.  This will be due at the end of the period.

THURSDAY & FRIDAY--NO SCHOOL

I'm very concerned with how the grades of some my Academy students are dropping.  These are supposed to be the "cream of the crop" sixth graders, but some of them don't seem to be taking the class too seriously. (Maybe I started off too easy?)  Please look very closely at your student's grade and if he/she has any missing assignments, and discuss this with him/her.  I hate to see a poor habit begin, especially in such gifted students.

Enjoy the long weekend, and as always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have (email address:  humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us or classroom phone number:  (360) 264-3644).

Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment