Tuesday, October 23, 2018

7th Grade Science Plans for October 22th-26th, 2018

Ah ha!

Did you think I had fallen off of the face of the Earth?  Nope!  (You're not rid of me that easily.)  I was up at Cispus--and the weather was beautiful!  Sorry Seventh Graders.  But now I'm back and here is what we will be doing for the rest of this week:

MONDAY--We will go over what students did in class last week and I will give back the assignments we did.  I will show a brief earthquake video and students will make a sketch & description of an earthquake resistant building in their Science Notebook, so NO HOMEWORK.

TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY--Students will work in groups to plan their earthquake resistant buildings.  This will require measuring, discussion, compromise, and engineering.  NO HOMEWORK. 

THURSDAY--Students will build a prototype of their earthquake resistant building and will test it.  They will then make revisions to their plan and construct the final model for testing.  NO HOMEWORK.

FRIDAY--Students will take a written assessment on their earthquake resistant building project.  This will serve as a TEST.  NO HOMEWORK.

No Late Start this week or anything else I can think of at this time.  As always, if you have any questions, comments, and/or concerns, please feel free to contact me.  The telephone number in my classroom is (360) 264-3644 and the best email address to reach me at is humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us

Have a wonderful week,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment