Monday, October 29, 2018

6th Grade Science Plans for October 29th through November 2nd

Greetings!

Wow, am I glad we didn't have this weather up at Cispus!  When it comes to weather, we were lucky!  Now here is what we will be doing this week:

MONDAY--Students should complete the "Earth's Heat & Vocabulary Test" in class.  Also, they need to read "Water:  Kind of a Big Deal" and do the worksheet that goes with it.  This is HOMEWORK DUE TUESDAY.

TUESDAY--Students will add some vocabulary words to their Science Notebooks, read an article on the Water Cycle, and add a diagram to their Science Notebooks, so NO HOMEWORK.

WEDNESDAY--We're going to have a little fun by watching an episode of "Mythbusters" (the ultimate in utilizing the Scientific Method), so NO HOMEWORK.

THURSDAY--Students will carry out Day #1 of Investigation 3.2, so again NO HOMEWORK.

FRIDAY--Students will complete Investigation 3.2 for Day #2, so NO HOMEWORK.

I was VERY disappointed in the student's scores on the "Earth's Heat & Vocabulary Test".  Students were to read the article, take notes on it in their Science Notebooks, then were allowed to use those notes on the test.  So here is what I will do:  Students may RETAKE the test, however there are some requirements--

1.)  Students must show me at least THREE PAGES OF NOTES on the article in their Science Notebooks before they can retake the test
2.)  Students must show me the 15 vocabulary words defined in their Science Notebooks prior to retaking the test
3.)  Students must schedule the test retake on their own time--this means BEFORE SCHOOL (I am in my classroom by 7:30 a.m. every morning), AFTER SCHOOL (I will stay until at least 4:00 p.m. each day), or during their lunch
4.)  Test retakes must be COMPLETED BY FRIDAY, November 2nd

I think this is fair, so if you want your student to retake the test, please encourage him/her to make arrangements soon.

If you have any questions, comments, and/or concerns, please contact me.  The phone number in my classroom is (360) 264-3644 and the best email address to reach me at is humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us

Have a wonderful week,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment