Monday, January 8, 2018

6th Grade Science Plans for January 8th through 12th, 2018

Greetings!

No, I have NOT fallen off the face of the Earth!  But things certainly have been busy.  Please excuse my tardiness--since Knowledge Bowl practice has started, and I am one of the coaches, a lot of my time has gone towards that--Sorry!  The season ends February 15th, so until then I may be a bit late from time to time; I am apologizing in advance.
Hope you had a wonderful Winter Break, and are all rested up and ready to tackle the New Year with your student.  So here is what we shall be doing this week:

MONDAY--Students practiced focusing microscopes in a lab situation, so there was NO HOMEWORK.

TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY-- LATE START DAY--Students will again use the microscopes in class to observe different organisms.  There is a worksheet that goes with this lab.  It is HOMEWORK DUE FRIDAY.

THURSDAY--Students will be filling out a "KWL Chart".  If it is not completed in class, it will be HOMEWORK DUE FRIDAY.

FRIDAY--Students will be complete a "Plant Versus Animal" lab in class.  This will be DUE AT THE END OF THE PERIOD, so there will be NO HOMEWORK.

I'm sure you have already made arrangements for this week's "Late Start Day" (Wednesday); just thought I would remind you.  Also, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day always sneaks up on us, and it is this coming Monday (January 15th), so be ready to enjoy a three day weekend with your student.

There is also NO SCHOOL FRIDAY, JANUARY 26TH.  That is because the 2nd Quarter/1st Semester ends Thursday, January 25th, and we teachers will be completing your student's report card on that Friday.  I have already told students that the LAST DAY FOR LATE WORK, MISSING WORK, "REDO'S", and/or EXTRA CREDIT IS MONDAY, JANUARY 22nd.  Please take a good hard look at your student's grade--the deeper we get into the term, the harder it is to bring that grade up.  I will be grading your child's Science Notebook over the weekend and will enter it into the digital grade book next week.  Since this assignment is worth 100 POINTS, you may want to take an extra close look at your student's Science Notebook BEFORE he/she turns it in.

If you have any questions, comments, and/or concerns, please contact me ASAP.  The phone number in my classroom is (360) 264-3644 and the best email to reach me at is humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us

Have a wonderful week,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment