Tuesday, November 14, 2017

6th Grade Science Plans for November 13th through 17th, 2017

Greetings!

No, I did not fall off the face of the Earth!  You're still stuck with me.  Sorry I didn't post last week--with being gone and half days and conferences, there just were not enough hours in the day.  So here is what we are doing this week:

MONDAY--Students got back previous assignments and we went over them in class, so NO HOMEWORK.

TUESDAY--Students participated in a lab entitled: "Not-So-Tall Circuit".  The last question is HOMEWORK DUE WEDNESDAY.

WEDNESDAY--LATE START DAY--We will hold our "End of the Quarter Auction"  (Bring in those Humble Bucks!) and elect our new treasurer and vice treasurer, so again NO HOMEWORK.

THURSDAY--Students will participate in a lab entitled: "Conductors and Insulators".  This will be DUE AT THE END OF THE PERIOD, so NO HOMEWORK.

FRIDAY--Students will reflect in their Science Notebooks on this week's labs.  These will be done in class, so NO HOMEWORK.

For those of you that I had the opportunity to meet with during conferences, I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did.  If you were unable to attend and would still like one, although it's too late to do anything about Quarter #1's grade (See below), feel free to contact me, and we will set one up.  Let's begin Quarter #2 with a fresh start!
  
The grades you see on this progress report pretty much reflect "What you see is what you get" on the first quarter report card.  Since today is the last day of "Quarter #1", it's too late for missing work, test retakes, and/or extra credit.  Look for this report card to be printed up and sent home in about a week.

I'm sure you are well aware that WEDNESDAY IS A LATE START DAY, so I'm also certain that you have planned ahead for it.

As we start the new quarter, as always please contact me with any questions, comments and/or concerns you may have.  The phone number in my classroom is (360) 264-3644 and the best email address to reach me at is humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us

Have a wonderful week,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment