Tuesday, September 19, 2017

6th Grade Science Plans for September 15th through 22nd, 2017

Greetings!

I am SO SORRY I didn't get this out Sunday night--I have had tech problems this week like you wouldn't believe!  But, hey, I don't except excuses from my students (Sign over my door:  "Excuses are nothing but hot air"), so I can't excuse myself.  Therefore, I apologize and will try to better next week.  Having said that, here's this week's plans:

MONDAY--Students will get back last week's assignments and we will be going over these, so NO HOMEWORK.

TUESDAY--Students will do the "Observations Activity" in class, hence NO HOMEWORK.

WEDNESDAY--LATE START DAY--Students will write a reflection on yesterday's activity in class, so NO HOMEWORK.

THURSDAY--Students will complete the "Doing Science" worksheet in class.  This will be DUE AT THE END OF THE PERIOD, therefore, there will be NO HOMEWORK.

FRIDAY--Students will go over the "Taking Good Notes" worksheet, then will take notes on the "Scientific Method video".  This will be DUE AT THE END OF THE PERIOD, so NO HOMEWORK.

As you see up above, Wednesday, September 20th is a "Late Start Day" (ACT); hopefully, you have made plans accordingly.

OUTDOOR SCHOOL MEETING--On Monday, September 25th, at 6:00 p.m.  there will be a parent meeting in the TMS Library on our upcoming sixth grade trip to Cispus.  We planned this around soccer and football practices, so hopefully you will be able to attend.  If not, please contact either me or Mrs. Schall.  This is an event that builds lifelong memories for your student--it is not to be missed.

As always, if you have any questions, comments, and/or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.  The phone number in my classroom is 360-264-3644 and the best email address to reach me at is humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us

Have a wonderful week,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment