Monday, March 3, 2014

Greetings!

Well, I'm making progress.  As you can see, the Mixtures & Solutions Test scores are posted, and the Chapter 2 worksheets we corrected last week is here.  I hope to have the Parts of a Microscope quiz posted by tomorrow as well as the Microscope Lesson #1 assignment.  I will know begin to work on the Science Notebooks, another 100 point assignment.  I was very disappointed in the number of students who did not turn in the Chapter 2 work.  Please look very carefully at your student's progress report.  If that Chapter 2 worksheets assignment is missing, you will probably be receiving a phone call tomorrow asking if YOUR STUDENT CAN STAY AFTER SCHOOL EITHER WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY TO GET IT COMPLETED & CORRECTED.  By now our sixth graders should be taking their academic responsibilities more seriously, and getting their homework turned in.  Although time consuming, this was not a difficult assignment, and one that could be completed at home with simply the textbook.  Students had 2 1/2 class periods to work on this, so I think you can see why I am disappointed.  I know that many of my students DID take this seriously, and not only completed the work on time, but did an admirable job on it.  With a work ethic like that, they will be well prepared for the amount of homework they will receive next year.

Now, on to this week's plans in Science--

Monday:  We took the quiz on the parts of a microscope, and introduced carrying, cleaning, and storing a microscope.
Tuesday & Wednesday:  Students will have two class days to work on the homework assignment.  They may choose to do a poster, story, or rap on microscope care.  On those days they will also be doing a "lab practical test", where they show me they know how to carry, clean, & store a microscope.
Thursday:  Students will watch a movie on microscopes & microscopic animals along with a HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT--Microscope Lesson #4.  This is very short and will be due on Friday.
Friday:  Students will get back & go over the Mixtures & Solutions Test.  There will be no homework.

Please contact me if you have any questions and/or concerns.  The phone number in my classroom is: (360) 264-3644 and my email address is:  humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us

As always, have a wonderful week,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment