Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Academy Plans for February 13th through 17th, 2017

Greetings!

I am sorry this is late--between three days up in Seattle at a coaches' clinic, and TWO Knowledge Bowl meets this week, I've been slammed.  I know, I know, I wouldn't accept excuses from my students, so why should I be allowed to give them?  (Just a fair warning:  the Volleyball season starts up next week, so things won't get much better from me.)  So on to our plans for this week:

MONDAY--Students will participate in this week's "Life Skills" lesson:  Social Skills, so NO HOMEWORK.

TUESDAY--Students will complete the cover for their biography projects, these are HOMEWORK DUE WEDNESDAY.

WEDNESDAY--The class will brainstorm character traits for the person they selected to read about this is HOMEWORK DUE THURSDAY.

THURSDAY--There will be a demonstration of how to write a paragraph on the character trait and how to cite information that will support that, so NO HOMEWORK.

FRIDAY--NO SCHOOL

Just in case you were not informed electronically, our two make up days for last week's "Snow Days" will be TACKED ONTO THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR.  This means instead of getting out of school on Friday, June 16th, we will be done on Tuesday, June20th.  Be sure to add that to your calendar.

I am assuming you are award that there is NO SCHOOL THIS FRIDAY NOR THE FOLLOWING MONDAY (February 17th-20th, Mid-Winter Break), so please plan accordingly.

As for the volleyball season (See my excuse above), I very carefully budget my time for grading assignments.  I know that students do not choose to become sick, so when their work is turned in late, it's not really their fault.  However, MOST of the assignments that are turned in late is just because students are disorganized, forget it, left it in their lockers, etc.  This has gotten to epic proportions--Not a good thing.  I am on the verge of NO LONGER ACCEPTING LATE WORK.  With the upcoming volleyball season, I will have far less time to go back and grade late assignments and put them into Skyward.  PLEASE DISCUSS THIS WITH YOUR STUDENT.  Being responsible and meeting deadlines is a life skill we all deal with.  I really appreciate your support on this matter.

Please contact me with any questions, comments, and/or concerns you may have.  The best email address is humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us and the phone number in my classroom is (360) 264-3644.

Have a wonderful week,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment