Monday, February 20, 2017

6th Period Science Plans for February 20th through 24th, 2017

Greetings!

Well, we should all feel well rested after a four day weekend, right?  Hopefully everyone will come back with their batteries fully charged and ready to go and tackle the second of half of this trimester.  So here are this week's plans:

MONDAY--Presidents' Day--NO SCHOOL

TUESDAY--Students will be do a self then group evaluation on the "Weather Topics Slide Show".  This will be DUE AT THE END OF THE PERIOD.  Students will have the remainder of the period to STUDY FOR WEDNESDAY'S TEST.

WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY--LATE START DAY--Students will take the "Weather Topics Slide Show" TEST so NO HOMEWORK.

FRIDAY--Students will watch a video on microscopes (our next unit) and will take notes on it.  They will TURN THE NOTES IN AT THE END OF THE PERIOD.  So, NO HOMEWORK.

I'm sure you've noticed from the plans above, that I pushed the "Weather Topics TEST" back a day.  I didn't feel good about giving it the day after the four day weekend, and wanted to give them some additional time to study.  Hope this helps!

I'm sure you noticed above that Wednesday is a LATE START DAY, so hopefully you have planned accordingly.

I am alarmed at the number of missing assignments students seem to have right now.  If your student's grade seems to have plunged, please look to see if there are any missing assignments. 
 Please help your student get any missing work turned in ASAP.  When work isn't turned in on time, it makes it very difficult for me to make time to get it graded and entered into the grade book (I budget my time very precisely for important tasks like this).  As we all know, being responsible & meeting deadlines is a very important life skill, and can often lead to losing a job and/or missing an opportunity for career advancement.  The sooner our middle school students realize the importance of this, the greater the impact will be (especially on their grades).  Thank you for your support on this.

I will be gone Thursday afternoon and all day Friday, so if you could discuss appropriate behavior with a substitute teacher with your student, that would be greatly appreciated--both by me as well as the"guest teacher".  Thanks!

Please contact me with any questions, comments, and/or concerns you may have.  The best phone number to reach me at is the one in my classroom (360-264-3644) and email address is humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us

Have a wonderful week,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment