Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Week of January 6th through 10th, 2014

Greetings!

I hope you had a warm & wonderful winter break--I certainly did.  Just like the students, I am starting to get my rhythm back.  Sorry this is late; I like to aim at getting this emailed to you on Sunday.  Hopefully I will do better next week.  Just a couple of reminders about NEXT week:  Tuesday & Thursday will be MAP testing days.  Students will be testing first and second periods.  Wednesday is a late start day, and the following Monday (January 20th) is the Martin Luther King Junior holiday, so there is no school.

So here's the plan for this week:

SCIENCE--We made up the holiday celebration I had planned for Friday, December 20th (Mythbusters' episode) on Monday, so obviously no homework.  Tuesday we worked to complete the Citric Acid Saturation Lab.  HOMEWORK ALERT:  We will do the "Sour Power" worksheet in class on Wednesday and it is due on Thursday, so please make sure your student has it done.  Thursday we will do a "Mystery Saturation Lab, and Friday we will do an assessment on saturation, so you might want to discuss what that means with your student prior to Friday.

ACADEMY--We finished up our Ancient Egypt Research board games and are now moving on.  Tuesday and Wednesday I am introducing the Lit Logs students will be using for the rest of the year, so no homework on those days.  Thursday & Friday I will introduce our Figurative Language unit will a PowerPoint presentation and some in class activities, so no homework there, either.   It will be a busy, but no homework week in Academy.

Please feel free to contact me at any time (email--humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us or phone--360-264-3644).

Enjoy the week,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment