Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Art Class Plans for the Week of January 6th through 10th, 2014

Greetings!

I hope you had a warm & wonderful winter break--I certainly did.  Just like the students, I am starting to get my rhythm back.  Sorry this is late; I like to aim at getting this emailed to you on Sunday.  Hopefully I will do better next week.  Just a couple of reminders about NEXT week:  Tuesday & Thursday will be MAP testing days.  Wednesday is a late start day, and the following Monday (January 20th) is the Martin Luther King Junior holiday, so there is no school.

So here's the plan for this week:

ART--Monday we discussed what we had done over the break, and I introduced our next unit, Surrealism.  Tuesday I introduced the Art magazine on Rene Magritte and gave students time to read it silently.  HOMEWORK ALERT:  Wednesday, students will be working on a worksheet on the articles; this will be due Thursday.  Thursday & Friday we will begin planning the surrealism project:  a collage.  This project will continue into next week.

As always, please feel free to contact me at any time (email--humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us or phone--360-264-3644).

Enjoy the week,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment