Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thursday at Cispus

Greetings!

So here's the Cispus update for today.  The weather continues to be spectacular; it's actually sunny AND warm.  Everybody is still alive and thriving--I guess that survival class is paying off.  The kids are enjoying themselves and our high school students continue to do a spectacular job.  The campfire last night was SO much fun.  Each cabin group did a skit and cadence, and of course "The Mathenator" (Mr. Palmer) tried to scare us all to death with another one of his ghost stories; he was successful.  Mr. Rus Pickett, our superintendent paid us a visit today, and I believe he liked what he saw.  Tonight is the talent night where the sixth graders as well as staff members will have a chance to strut their stuff talent-wise.

We are now sharing Cispus with 60 people from the Brighton School in Lynnwood (I believe), and we have received several compliments from them on how organized and friendly we are.

I will TRY to do an update tomorrow, but no promises.  As we will be breaking camp, things will be hectic, so I might not have time.  Also, I apologize for not posting any new grades.  I brought a whole mountain of papers up here to grade, but somehow I have been much too busy.  Maybe this weekend if I regain consciousness by Sunday.

Hopefully your student has transportation home other than riding the school bus tomorrow.  He/she will be exhausted, and battling a bus ride home under those conditions with a sleeping bag & luggage will be taxing.  We should be arriving between 2:15 and 2:45, and the luggage will arrive before us.

See you soon,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment