Monday, December 21, 2015

No Grades for December 2015

Greetings!

Hope your Winter Break is off to a fine start, despite this "gray" weather.  I'm sorry I didn't send out our weekly plans last week, simply got so swamped I wasn't able to get it done.  (If it is any consolation, there was NO HOMEWORK.)  Perhaps my "New Year's Resolution" should be getting those done EVERY WEEK?  I will try to do better next year.

I realize you don't see anything in your student's progress report other than the one "Extra Credit Point" I give to each student at the beginning of the new term; there is a reason for this.  We have discovered that a tweak needs to be made to the Skyward grading system.  Some of the grades from the first term were inflated, so some adjustments to the Skyward system will be made over the Winter Break.  I was holding off inputting students' grades until this had been done.  Furthermore, I was informed that these scores could be lost when the changes were made, so I am holding off until January 4th to input the grades.  Hopefully, you understand my motivation; I do not want to have to input those grades twice--there simply is no time for it.  So when we return from the Winter Break, all of your student's scores should be there, along with the new grade scale system.

Thank you for your understanding, and enjoy the break,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment