Wednesday, November 13, 2013

November 11th through 15th

Greetings!

I have no idea what these progress reports will look like, because other than the one extra credit point I gave to everyone to start quarter number two, I have no grades to enter.  I would be very curious on your feedback on what you received.  Does this show the grades/assignments from Quarter #1?  Obviously what you see is not what I see on these.

I am sending this mainly to let you know what is happening in my classes this week, so here goes:

SCIENCE--Because there was no school on Monday, and I was gone on Tuesday & Wednesday, it was a perfect time for the students to get caught up on the book work in Chapter 1.  Your student received worksheets for Chapter 1 Sections 2, 3, and 4.  There was work time in class both days, but I believe it probably wasn't enough.  I will survey the students tomorrow (Thursday) to see if I need to change the "due date" (originally it was going to be Thursday).  Because of the band concert, I know my 5th period class was really short changed--they had practice both days during 5th period, so they will get some "comp" time to get caught up.  Also, I forgot to factor in the short periods of today's late start, so we will make things right.  I just didn't want to start a big project (100 points) like the Atom Model without me being there.  We may start that tomorrow, and it will probably take us at least three days to complete.  I should be able to gauge our progress as the week goes on, and should be able to tell you more about this on the weekend.  Please just ask your student to see that Chapter 1 worksheet and check the progress he/she has made on it.  This is really easy to do as homework if your student brings his/her textbook home.

ACADEMY--There will be a short (should have been able to finish it in class today) homework assignment on Wednesday (due Thursday) reviewing the use of quotation marks, hyphens, and apostrophes.  The quiz on these will be on Friday.  Next week we will wrap up this unit (I hope) with the test.  PLEASE HAVE YOUR STUDENT START STUDYING NOW.  He/she should have all of the assignments/worksheets we have done on this unit.  There will be two assignments next week (probably one on Monday and another on Wednesday) and the test will probably be given on Thursday.  My guess is that it will take two days.  So please start studying now.

I believe the report cards were printed out and mailed; I'm curious to know if you have received them.  I attended 46 conferences last week and really enjoyed them.  You have some wonderful students, and they are fortunate to have such supportive parents.  As usual, I would love to hear from you if you have any questions and/or concerns.  The best email address to reach me at it humblem@tenino.k12.wa.us and the phone number in my classroom is (360) 264-3644.

Enjoy the week and thank you again for the wonderful conferences,
Michele Humble

No comments:

Post a Comment